The Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) was introduced to promote and protect the privacy of individuals and to regulate how Australian Government agencies and organisations with an annual turnover of more than $3 million, and some other organisations, handle personal information.
Click on the following link for full details: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/the-privacy-act/
1. We are committed to protecting the information about you that we collect, store and use when you provide it to us on our website email, facebook and whatsapp.
2. If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so. However, this may affect your use of this Site or any products and services offered on it.
3. We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to quizes, surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website for our research or statistical purposes.
What information may we collect from you?
4. We may collect the following personal information from you: name; current mailing or residential address; email address; telephone number; age or birth date; and profession or occupation.
5. We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
1. to provide our services to you;
2. to send communications requested by you;
3. to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new services;
4. to provide you with access to protected areas of our website; and
5. to comply with any Law, rule, regulation, Lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority.
How do we collect your personal information?
6. We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
1. when you make an enquiry about our services;
2. through your access and use of our website, including when you register on our website;
3. during conversations between you and our representatives via facebook, WhatsApp, email;
4. when you ask to be placed on one of our subscription/mailing lists; or
5. when you become a client or customer of ours or otherwise use our products or services.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
7. If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
1. we may not be able to provide our products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
2. we may not be able to provide you with information about services that you may want, including information about special promotions; or
3. we may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experience of our website may not be as enjoyable or useful.
Groups and forums (Facebook, WhatsApp, Video Conference)
8. If you participate in a discussion forum, chat room or webinar, you should be aware that the information you provide there will be made broadly available to others, potentially inside or outside Deals Colony, who have access to that discussion forum or chat room. Also, please recognise that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant’s opinion on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of Deals Colony.
9. Please be advised that for any forums or Webinars you attend, recordings can be enabled by a meeting or webinar host. By signing up for any of Deals Colony’s, or any other host authorised by Deals Colony’s, webinar services or otherwise using them in any way, including without limitation by attending any Deals Colony meeting or webinar, you expressly acknowledge that we may make and store Recordings for meetings or webinars, and may make such recordings available to hosts and other Attendees at the direction of Deals Colony. If you do not want to be recorded, you can choose to leave the meeting or webinar.